Dwelling Insurance
Renter's Insurance
Home Insurance
About Hanover
Home Fire Prevention Theft Prevention Contact Us Agent login
      Call Center: 1-800-919-FIRE

Renters' Insurance

If you rent a house or apartment, your landlord’s property insurance policy won’t cover your possessions in the event of a fire.  Renters insurance policies protect the value of your personal belongings if they get damaged or destroyed in a fire.

• Renters insurance covers the possessions you keep in a house or apartment that you rent.  Because the insurance covers your personal belongings, not the actual structure of the house or apartment, it is relatively inexpensive to obtain.
• Renters insurance covers possessions such as furniture, clothing, bedding and other household items.

With Hanover Fire and Casualty, you are covered from the following perils:

• Fire • Lightning • Windstorm • Hail/Sleet • Explosion

You may also elect to add these coverages to your renters insurance policy:

    Provides legal defense coverage in the event you are found negligent with respect to the occupancy of your house or apartment.  This coverage is often required by landlords or management companies.

    Provides an additional peril and coverage limit to your policy in the event of a loss to your possessions due to burglary.

    If your rented house or apartment is uninhabitable after a fire or other covered peril, your renters insurance policy will provide coverage for your extra expenses incurred.